In a congratulatory message, Prime Minister Modi thanked the people of Guwahati for giving a resounding mandate to the BJP to build on the agenda of development, after the ruling BJP-led alliance on Sunday secured a clean sweep in the 60-seat Guwahati Municipal Corporation (GMC) elections.
Taking to Twitter, Prime Minister Modi said that the people of this ‘lovely city’ have blessed the hard work of the Assam government under Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
The Prime Minister also congratulated Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma and also extended his gratitude to every BJP Karyakarta for the hard work.
Responding to PM Modi’s victory message, Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma thanked Prime Minister Modi for his ‘good wishes and blessings.’ Sarma said the victory is a result of the Prime Minister’s ‘astounding vision and robust development initiatives in the North East.
Taking to Twitter, Chief Minister Sarma also thanked the people of Guwahati for giving the BJP and its ally a historic win in the GMC election. Sarma said with this massive mandate, people have reaffirmed their faith on the BJP development journey under the guidance of Prime Minister.
Out of the total 60 wards of the GMC, the saffron party won 52 seats while its ally Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) won 6 wards. The Aam Admi Party (AAP) and Asom Jatiya Parishad (AJP) won one seat each. The Congress, however, failed to win any seat in the Guwahati civic body polls.
- Meghalaya: How the ‘abode of clouds’ ran out of water
- Union Cabinet condoles loss of lives in Manipur violence, Odisha rail accident
- Homicide: 2nd autopsy done on body of of IIT Kharagpur student from Assam
- Manipur: Magistrates join military combing ops for first time in 43 yrs
- Body of BSF constable killed in Manipur violence reaches Bengal
- Manipuris in South Korea write to Indian Embassy over crisis in state