Aizawl: Mizoram reported 112 fresh COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, pushing the tally to 2,26,702, a health department official said on Saturday.
The state did not report any new COVID-19 death for the third consecutive day on Saturday and the toll remained at 694, he said.
The fresh cases were detected out of 858 samples tested with a single-day positivity rate of 13 per cent.
Mizoram currently has 672 active COVID-19 cases, while 2,25,336 people have recovered from the disease so far, the official said.
The COVID-19 recovery rate is now 99.39 per cent and the death rate is 0.30 per cent.
On Friday the northeastern state had reported 91 new COVID-19 cases.
A total of 19.15 lakh samples have so far been tested for COVID-19.
Over 8.43 lakh people have been inoculated with COVID-19 vaccine till Thursday, according to the health department.
- Nagaland govt responds: Mass cleanliness drive on Sept 30
- Mizoram: Council of Ministers approves long-awaited pension scheme for journalists
- Tripura becomes 4th state in India to adopt e-Cabinet: CM
- Manipur: Church association slams PM’s call for cleanliness drive
- NFR issues notice on cancellation of joy ride trains in Darjeeling
- Nagaland: Drugs worth approx Rs 25 cr seized in three months