Kolkata: As many as 19 crude bombs were seized from an abandoned auto-rickshaw near a children’s home in Kolkata’s Haridevpur area, prompting the police to investigate whether the explosives were a part of a terror plot, a senior officer said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off, law enforcers conducted a raid on Friday night and found three abandoned auto-rickshaws on a ground near a children’s home in 41 Pally locality in Haridevpur police station area, he said.
“As many as 19 crude bombs, one country-made pistol and two cartridges were found in one of the auto-rickshaws, which was operational on the Chakraberia-Bijoygarh route. We are checking CCTV footages of the area,” the officer said.
“An investigation is underway to ascertain whether the bombs were a part of a terror plot. A manhunt to trace the owner of the auto-rickshaw has been launched,” he said, adding no arrests have been made so far.
Also Read: Tripura sets target for village-wise bulk production of animal protein
- NEDA convener Himanta Biswa Sarma to visit violence-hit Manipur
- Manipur: Assam Rifles organises peace meet in Jiribam and Tamenlong
- Meghalaya: Rape accused convicted in West Garo Hills, gets 20 years in jail
- Pact inked to train Nagaland school teachers on disaster management
- Three more people killed, 2 injured in fresh violence in Manipur
- Manipur’s Naga MLAs want status quo in Naga tribal areas