Diphu (Assam): A woman was arrested on Thursday after over eight kg of ganja was recovered from her in Assam‘s Karbi Anglong district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team apprehended her from a bus during checking of vehicles in Khakrajan area, a senior officer said.
The consignment, weighing 8.116 kgs, was found in four packets, he said.
The arrested woman is a resident of Golaghat district, the officer added.
Also read: GMC elections: Guwahati queues up to vote
- Manipur: Over 3,300 candidates appear for UPSC prelims in Imphal
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda to visit India from May 31 to June 3
- PM hopes new Parl building will serve as cradle of empowerment
- PM Modi inaugurates new Parliament building
- Virupaksha: A horrifying adventure with splendid performances
- Legislation in US Congress to make Diwali a federal holiday