Diphu (Assam): A woman was arrested on Thursday after over eight kg of ganja was recovered from her in Assam‘s Karbi Anglong district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team apprehended her from a bus during checking of vehicles in Khakrajan area, a senior officer said.
The consignment, weighing 8.116 kgs, was found in four packets, he said.
The arrested woman is a resident of Golaghat district, the officer added.
Also read: GMC elections: Guwahati queues up to vote
- Karan Johar donates Rs 11 lakh to Assam Chief Minister Relief Fund
- Viruses can change your scent to make you more attractive to mosquitoes: Study
- Mizoram CM inducts journalist into party, says MNF in recruitment drive
- Rejuvenate Arunachal springs to solve drinking water problem: Expert
- Over 100 students from Sikkim Manipal infected by Nairobi Fly
- Mizoram: Aizawl to soon get two motorable flyovers