Shillong: The women’s team of Petroleum Sports Promotion Board (PSPB) was ecstatic after winner the gold medal during the team event of the 83rd Senior National Table Tennis Championship here on Thursday.
In an exclusive interview with EastMojo, star paddler Manika Batra expressed satisfaction with the team’s performance.
“In today’s team, the three of us played really well today and we all supported each other and I’m happy with my team. Maharashtra team were good but we gave our best and that is why we won,” said Batra.
PSPB coach Monalisa Baruah Mehta lauded the organisers for preparing for this tournament at such a short notice.
All smiles after her team won the gold medal, Mehta, a former International paddler from Assam, said she was elated after the team won. Now they are prepping the team for the singles events.
The 83rd Senior National Table Tennis Championship kicked off on April 18 and will end on April 25. The event is held at the SAI Indoor stadium at NEHU Campus in Shillong.
Both the men’s and the women’s team of PSPB won the finals, defeating Maharashtra with a 3-0 score.
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK
- Mizoram Chief Minister accuses ZPM of contradictory actions regarding Chakma votes
- NASA just brought back the largest-ever asteroid sample
- Manipur: Wife of man arrested by NIA says he is wrongly implicated