Kohima: On Good Friday, thousands of faithful in Nagaland attended the “Way of the Cross” prayer services in Catholic churches across the state, to mark the holy day.
At the Mary Help of Christians Cathedral in Kohima, the faithful re-enacted the 14 stations of the Cross–the crucifixion and death of Jesus.
The St. Francis De Sales parishioners walked the streets of Kohima for the ‘Way of the Cross’, beginning at Old MLA junction and concluding with a Mass at Khuochiezie (local ground).
Good Friday is the Friday before Easter Sunday when Christians commemorate the crucifixion and death of Jesus at Calvary.
Below are some pictures from the Mary Help of Christians Cathedral and St. Francis De Sales Church in Kohima.
- Tripura: Foundation stone laid for International Buddhist University
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Schedule, fixtures, predictions today, Nov 30
- India’s Maternal Mortality Ratio dips to 97 in 2018-20 from 130 in 2014-16
- India reports 279 new COVID-19 cases
- Tripura 2023: Congress says 30% candidates will be youths
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 30