Gangtok: Sikkim Police have arrested a man from neighbouring West Bengal in connection with a burglary case reported from a house in Nam Nang area here on April 11, an officer said on Thursday.
A man had filed a case with Sadar Police station here stating that Rs 12 lakh in cash, 150 gm of gold, watches and mobile phones were stolen from his house.
Gangtok Superintendent of Police Tenzing Loden Lepcha told PTI that police arrested Bushan T Khatri from West Bengal border Rangpo in connection with the burglary and recovered Rs 3 lakh in cash and 50 gm of stolen gold from his possession.
The SP said Khatri was a hardened criminal. After committing burglaries in Sikkim, he used to flee to his house at Siliguri in neighbouring West Bengal. Khatri has committed five burglaries in Sikkim and looted around Rs 22 lakh in cash and other valuables, the SP added.
Assam man gets 10 yrs RI for sexually abusing boy
- After text messages on phone, extreme weather alerts on TV, radio soon
- Global study highlights importance of moss to Earth’s ecosystems
- Indian-origin man jailed for defrauding property buyers in UK
- With people speaking ‘their truth’, how do we know what the truth is?
- India does not believe in partnering in military alliances: Dy NSA Vikram Misri
- 3 Chinese astronauts return home safely after a six-month stint in space station