Imphal: The Manipur Police arrested a spokesperson of the Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) for allegedly using derogatory language against Union Home Minister Amit Shah during a discussion on a local television channel as a panellist.
Sanaojam Samachoron Singh, popularly known as Sanou, was arrested by City Police Imphal on Tuesday, following a complaint lodged by BJYM president M Barish Sharma over the alleged remark against the Union Minister.
In his complaint, the BJYM president stated that the Congress spokesperson, during a discussion on a local television channel IMPACT TV, on April 9, not only abused mainland Indians but also used foul and derogatory language against Amit Shah.
The accused deliberately and maliciously humiliated the Hindus of mainland India by terming them ”as animals” and continued to further use derogatory language, thereby hurting the racial and religious feelings of entire India which amount to sedition, the complaint alleged.
The complaint was lodged under Section 124 A, 295 Z, 505 etc, of the Indian Penal Code.
However, as per sources, the accused, an advocate by profession, was produced in court and got bail on the same day.
- No problem with legislators jumping ship ahead of polls: Meghalaya CM
- Tripura: Foundation stone laid for International Buddhist University
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Schedule, fixtures, predictions today, Nov 30
- India’s Maternal Mortality Ratio dips to 97 in 2018-20 from 130 in 2014-16
- India reports 279 new COVID-19 cases
- Tripura 2023: Congress says 30% candidates will be youths