Kolkata: BSF has arrested six Bangladeshis, including three women and a child, in West Bengal while they were attempting to illegally entering India, a statement said on Monday.
They were later handed over to the Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB) on humanitarian grounds.
The six people were nabbed while trying to cross the international border in North 24 Parganas district on Sunday, it said.
Some of them were coming to India to meet their relatives, while one woman had first come to the country in 2019 was forced into prostitution in 2021.
- Mizoram CM visits aspirational Mamit district, inspects projects
- Assam school boys assault pregnant teacher over ‘complaint’ to parents
- Ronaldo leaves ManU by ‘mutual agreement’. Why wasn’t he sacked?
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 30 November, 2022
- Cong names candidate from Siaha seat for Mizoram Assembly polls
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor’s vice chairperson Vikram Kirloskar dies