Kolkata: BSF has arrested six Bangladeshis, including three women and a child, in West Bengal while they were attempting to illegally entering India, a statement said on Monday.
They were later handed over to the Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB) on humanitarian grounds.
The six people were nabbed while trying to cross the international border in North 24 Parganas district on Sunday, it said.
Some of them were coming to India to meet their relatives, while one woman had first come to the country in 2019 was forced into prostitution in 2021.
- Did a mob storm into CM Biren’s ancestral home?
- Probe initiated into Assam Congress MLA Kamalakhya Dey Purkayastha’s tea garden purchase
- Mizoram: CYMA denounces PM Modi’s Sunday cleanliness drive as disrespectful towards Christians
- Meitei community in Mangalore holds candlelight vigil for 2 deceased students
- UFOs: How NASA plans to get to the bottom of unexplained sightings
- Manipur Superstar Kaiku quits BJP amid state turmoil