Imphal: Manipur minister Th Biswajit Singh on Wednesday met Meiningsinliu Pamei, her toddler brother and mother at his residence in Imphal.
While interacting with the family members of the 10-year-old girl, Biswajit Singh assured them that he will take care of Meiningsinliu’s education and get her admitted to a boarding school in Imphal.
A picture of the first-grader from Dailung Primary School in Manipur’s Tamenglong district had gone viral. She was seen attending school while babysitting her baby brother in her lap as her parents were out working on a farm.
Soon after the picture of the young girl went viral, minister Biswajit Singh traced Meiningsinliu’s family and contacted them over the phone. He also took to Twitter to praise the 10-year-old’s dedication towards education.
Earlier, the Rongmei Naga Students’ Organisation, Manipur (RNSOM), had also met Meiningsinliu’s parents and announced to take responsibility for her education.
Despite being from a remote village that lacks proper education facilities, Meiningsinliu showed her passion and grit to get herself an education and it has amazed people across the country.
As informed by RNSOM president Daichu Gangmei, there is no school building in the village and students are attending classes in some other place. Such is the present situation of the students in the remote village but young Meiningsinliu’s act has proved the importance of getting an education.
- Active Covid cases in country dip to 4,255
- Paresh Rawal summoned by Kolkata Police over ‘cook fish for Bengalis’ remarks
- India will give direction to world in ‘Amrit Kaal’: Modi in RS
- Footfall at Nagaland’s Hornbill festival? Over 66K tourists
- RBI hikes lending rate by 35 bps to 6.25%; home, auto loans get dearer
- Meghalaya govt unveils Asia’s first drone delivery hub