Tezpur: Six militants of the National Liberation Front of Bodoland (NLFB) surrendered in Assam’s Sonitpur district on Wednesday, police said.
A group of about 12 militants was hiding in Chariduar area along the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border, they said.
Two of them were injured in a gunfight with the police on April 1 at 12 Mile area of Bhalukpong town, they said.
As operation was stepped up in the area, the six militants surrendered along with their arms and ammunition on being convinced by the police, they added.
Following the signing of the Bodo Accord in January 2020, a large number of NDFB militants surrendered while some went on to form the NLFB.
- Will not contest Congress prez poll, apologised to Sonia: Ashok Gehlot
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for September 29
- Assam look to tame Gujarat for Lawn Bowls women’s Four semis berth
- CBI leads major crackdown against drug cartels; 127 cases registered, 175 arrested
- Mizoram: Tourism dept employee sacked over alleged misbehaviour
- ‘Semkhor’: Nagaland Dimasa body condemns wrong depiction of community in film