Agartala: A suspected arms dealer, who had given the railway protection force (RPF) in Assam the slip two days ago, was arrested in Tripura’s Khowai district on Tuesday, an officer said.
His two companions were arrested with four pistols and 15 bullets by the RPF from Assam’s Badarpur railway station on Sunday night. However, their boss had managed to escape.
A case under Arms Act was lodged against the three persons who hail from Bihar at Badarpur police station on Monday, Khowai Superintendent of Police Bhanupada Chakraborty said.
Following a request from the neighbouring state, a police team raided a house at Champahower area in Khowai district and apprehended the chief of the arms racket from there.
Chakraborty said 21 kilograms of ganja was also recovered from the house and its owner was arrested.
A case under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act was registered with Khowai police station and further investigation is underway, said the SP.
- Guwahati hosts CBSE’s Far East Zone Taekwondo Tournament
- Sikkim chief secretary holds meeting with officials on G20 events
- Bills introduced in Lok Sabha to revise ST lists in four states
- BJP’s loss in MCD, Himachal polls show ‘Modi Magic’ fading: Tripura ex-CM
- Shrine dedicated to mark centenary of arrival of Salesian Sisters in Northeast
- Meghalaya 2023: Can the BJP turn support into seats in Garo Hills?