Tinsukia: An FIR has been lodged against a youth for allegedly making “objectionable” comments related to Assamese language during a phone conversation with a delivery boy in Tinsukia, sparking massive outrage among local organizations.
Earlier, in an audio clip that has gone viral, a youth, identifying himself from a particular community, can be heard deterring the person on the other side of the phone to speak in Assamese language.
The accused, identified as Arvind Singh, not just insults the local language, but also threaten that people from his community will be dominating political space right from ward commissioner to member of parliament in the coming days. He can also be heard using abusive language against the complainant.
Meanwhile, several organizations have condemned the “insulting remarks” against Assamese language and have demanded the arrest of the culprit.
“Such derogatory and communal remarks against Assamese language is an insult of the entire Assamese community and can endanger the peaceful environment,” another FIR filed by Brihottar Asomiya Yuba Manch.
Himanta urges Karbis to practice and develop their language and culture
- Not much impact of untimely rains on crops, states assessing damage: Tomar
- Strong tremors jolt Delhi-NCR, other parts of north India
- Assam govt may pay gap between old new pension schemes: CM
- Former Sikkim MLA Prem Lal Subba no more
- Arunachal Christian Forum criticizes ban on public healing programs
- Assam: Tea garden management urged to effectively execute water scheme