Imphal: Security forces have arrested two insurgents of the proscribed group People’s Liberation Army (PLA) and a drug smuggler in separate operations carried out in Imphal East, Tengnoupal and Thoubal districts, respectively, on Monday, said an official.
In the first incident, Keithelmanbi Battalion of Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (South) in two different joint operations with Manipur Police arrested two insurgents of proscribed group PLA in Leiranpat in Imphal East district and in Ringpam in Tengnoupal district, as per the official statement.
It further stated that based on specific inputs, Assam Rifles troops along with Manipur Police commandos launched operations and apprehended two active cadres of the PLA. Subsequently, both the apprehended insurgents were handed over to Irilbung and Lamphel Police Stations for further investigation.
In another incident, Keithemanbi Battalion of Assam Rifles, under the aegis of IGAR (South), in a joint operation with Manipur Police apprehended a drug smuggler from Thoubal Mela Ground along National Highway-102 in Thoubal district, it said.
Based on specific inputs, troops of Assam Rifles launched a joint operation with Manipur Police and arrested a drug smuggler along with 34 soap cases containing brown sugar amounting to approximately Rs 1.5 crore from a Maruti Ecco van.
The apprehended drug smuggler along with the recovered items have been handed over to Thoubal Police Station for further investigation, it added.
- India-Bhutan must harness space technology and its applications: EAM
- Private sector satellites to boost IoT, ham radio use, earth observation
- ‘Fighting’ a brother: Why is Naga wrestling so special and important?
- Constitution guiding light in sustaining democracy: Assam Governor
- Heavy security deployment, prohibitory orders continue at clash site along Assam-Meghalaya border
- Egypt’s president likely to be chief guest for Republic Day celebrations