Padma Shree awardee and football legend Bhaichung Bhutia seems to be having a lovely time in the Northeast. Days after his video of dancing with locals during his visit to Nagaland went viral, he was seen at the NRL Township in Assam’s Golaghat district.
Bhutia witnessed a friendly match between the NRL Football Academy and Lamare FC on Monday.
The event was organised to boost and promote football talent in Assam and also provide exposure to players of the NRL Football Academy. The veteran footballer also interacted with the players and encouraged and motivated them to continue with their pursuit.
Bhutia also stated that the NRL ground is one of the best in India and encouraged all the players and coaches to take football to the next level. Independent Directors of Numaligarh Refinery Limited Gagan Jain and Sudip Pradhan were also present during the event.
- US-China relationship unlikely to improve soon: Singapore PM Lee
- Students stage protest against massive fuel price hike in Bangladesh
- Dalai Lama congratulates Vice President-elect Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Assam: 24 families wait 30 years to rebuild homes after erosion
- Sikkim: Reform Call questions celebration of ‘Jan Unmukti Diwas’
- Assam: Environmentalists meet to review Forest Conservation Rules