New Delhi: Union ministers Amit Shah and Rajnath Singh have been appointed as the BJP’s observers for government formation in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, the party said on Monday.
Union ministers Nirmala Sitharaman and Narendra Singh Tomar have been appointed as observers for selection of the leader of the legislature party in Manipur and Goa.
Union Minister Kiren Rijiju is the co-observer for Manipur and his cabinet colleague L Murgan is the co-observer for Goa.
Shah will be assisted by BJP vice president Raghubar Das as co-observer and Union Minister Meenakshi Lekhi will assist Rajnath Singh for selection of the leader of the legislature party in Uttarakhand.
The leaders are expected to visit the states assigned to them in the next few days.
- Here’s how India’s warming nights impact health
- Manipur: Lawyer, businessman file plea in SC against internet ban
- Meghalaya buying power worth Rs 3 crore every day: CM Sangma
- Pakistan may pull out of Asia Cup after SL, Afghan, Bangladesh reject ‘Hybrid Model’
- Odisha train crash: Assam man recalls co-traveler’s severed head on chest
- Meghalaya Cabinet to amend memo on roster system