New Delhi: Union ministers Amit Shah and Rajnath Singh have been appointed as the BJP’s observers for government formation in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, the party said on Monday.
Union ministers Nirmala Sitharaman and Narendra Singh Tomar have been appointed as observers for selection of the leader of the legislature party in Manipur and Goa.
Union Minister Kiren Rijiju is the co-observer for Manipur and his cabinet colleague L Murgan is the co-observer for Goa.
Shah will be assisted by BJP vice president Raghubar Das as co-observer and Union Minister Meenakshi Lekhi will assist Rajnath Singh for selection of the leader of the legislature party in Uttarakhand.
The leaders are expected to visit the states assigned to them in the next few days.
- Professors of Practice: Varsities to hire experts as 10% faculty; degree, publications not mandatory
- From Canada to Europe, survey reveals the challenges facing women leaders
- No other country ‘practices terrorism’ like Pakistan does: EAM Jaishankar
- Swimming begins with butterfly specialist Astha Choudhury setting Games record
- Teenaged Antim wins 53kg wrestling gold, ‘earns’ Rs 500 for her effort
- IAF to formally induct indigenously-built Light Combat Helicopter on Monday