Guwahati: Ex-model Rajkanya Baruah has been granted bail by the Gauhati High Court in the road accident case that led to the death of one PWD worker in October last year.
Baruah left the Guwahati Central Jail premises at 8 am on Thursday after being granted bail at a surety of Rs 50,000 on Wednesday.
On October 2, Baruah had rammed her vehicle into nine PWD labourers near Down Town on GS Road in Guwahati under the influence of alcohol.
Dr Navanil Baruah, a senior doctor of GNRC, had also allegedly helped her evade a police investigation.
The case drew widespread criticism for Guwahati Police after the former model and Femina Miss India finalist was initially granted bail in less than 24 hours after the accident. She was arrested again by the city police on October 6, 2021.
- World Sports Journalist Day 2022: History, significance and more
- On World UFO Day, a look at UFO ‘sightings’ in Northeast
- From Greenland shark to seafaring cockatoo: Meet 5 remarkably old animals
- Pak steeply hikes petrol prices under deal with IMF to revive bailout programme
- Meghalaya: Deputy CM meets protesting teachers, assures support
- Murmu has better chances to win prez polls after Maha development: Mamata