Guwahati: Ex-model Rajkanya Baruah has been granted bail by the Gauhati High Court in the road accident case that led to the death of one PWD worker in October last year.
Baruah left the Guwahati Central Jail premises at 8 am on Thursday after being granted bail at a surety of Rs 50,000 on Wednesday.
On October 2, Baruah had rammed her vehicle into nine PWD labourers near Down Town on GS Road in Guwahati under the influence of alcohol.
Dr Navanil Baruah, a senior doctor of GNRC, had also allegedly helped her evade a police investigation.
The case drew widespread criticism for Guwahati Police after the former model and Femina Miss India finalist was initially granted bail in less than 24 hours after the accident. She was arrested again by the city police on October 6, 2021.
Rajkanya Baruah case: Victim succumbs to injuries at GMCH
- Eric Garcetti sworn in as US Ambassador to India
- Meghalaya paid Rs 250 crore to project consultants in five years: CM
- G20 conference on ‘circular bio-economy’ held in Assam’s Dibrugarh
- Chernobyl, history’s worst nuclear disaster, now tells history of our planet
- Parts of Nagaland declared ‘disturbed area’ for six more months
- Assam Guv confers state civilian awards on 21 personalities