The death toll in the tragic mortar explosion that took place in Manipur’s Churachandpur on Satruday evening has gone up to three.
Reports of a third death surfaced on Sunday after preliminary reports on Saturday claimed two people dead, including a six-year-old. Five others were injured after a bomb exploded in a house in Gangpimual village in Churachandpur district in Manipur.
Sources said seven people were injured in the blast and were taken to the district hospital for treatment. Two of the victims lost their lives and one person was in critical condition.
Primary inspection found one unit of a mortar shell and some splinters at the spot. According to initial reports, local residents had collected unexploded bombs from the BSF range and it had exploded inside one of the homes.
Also read | Manipur 2022: Campaigning ends for 1st phase poll in Kangpokpi
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh
- BJP played T-20 to win Tripura polls: CM
- Meghalaya: How the ‘abode of clouds’ ran out of water
- Union Cabinet condoles loss of lives in Manipur violence, Odisha rail accident
- Homicide: 2nd autopsy done on body of of IIT Kharagpur student from Assam
- Manipur: Magistrates join military combing ops for first time in 43 yrs