The death toll in the tragic mortar explosion that took place in Manipur’s Churachandpur on Satruday evening has gone up to three.
Reports of a third death surfaced on Sunday after preliminary reports on Saturday claimed two people dead, including a six-year-old. Five others were injured after a bomb exploded in a house in Gangpimual village in Churachandpur district in Manipur.
Sources said seven people were injured in the blast and were taken to the district hospital for treatment. Two of the victims lost their lives and one person was in critical condition.
Primary inspection found one unit of a mortar shell and some splinters at the spot. According to initial reports, local residents had collected unexploded bombs from the BSF range and it had exploded inside one of the homes.
- World Sports Journalist Day 2022: History, significance and more
- On World UFO Day, a look at UFO ‘sightings’ in Northeast
- From Greenland shark to seafaring cockatoo: Meet 5 remarkably old animals
- Pak steeply hikes petrol prices under deal with IMF to revive bailout programme
- Meghalaya: Deputy CM meets protesting teachers, assures support
- Murmu has better chances to win prez polls after Maha development: Mamata