In a tragic accident, two people, including a six-year old, died and five were left injured after a bomb exploded in a house in Gangpimual village in Churachandpur district in Manipur.
Sources said seven people were injured in the blast and taken to the district hospital for treatment, where two lost their lives and one person is in critical condition.
Primary inspection found one unit of a mortar shell and some splinters. According to initial reports, locals had collected unexploded bombs from the BSF range and it exploded inside one of the homes.
- World Sports Journalist Day 2022: History, significance and more
- On World UFO Day, a look at UFO ‘sightings’ in Northeast
- From Greenland shark to seafaring cockatoo: Meet 5 remarkably old animals
- Pak steeply hikes petrol prices under deal with IMF to revive bailout programme
- Meghalaya: Deputy CM meets protesting teachers, assures support
- Murmu has better chances to win prez polls after Maha development: Mamata