In a tragic accident, two people, including a six-year old, died and five were left injured after a bomb exploded in a house in Gangpimual village in Churachandpur district in Manipur.
Sources said seven people were injured in the blast and taken to the district hospital for treatment, where two lost their lives and one person is in critical condition.
Primary inspection found one unit of a mortar shell and some splinters. According to initial reports, locals had collected unexploded bombs from the BSF range and it exploded inside one of the homes.
Also read | Manipur 2022: Campaigning ends for 1st phase poll in Kangpokpi
- Bangladesh MP bats for border hospitals on lines of border haats
- Assam: APSC conducts CCE (Preliminary) exam in 31 districts
- Mizoram poll officials to visit Tripura over Bru migrants names deletion
- Indian delegation discusses energy cooperation with Sri Lankan Pres Wickremesinghe
- Oppn parties join Cong satyagraha in Assam is support of RaGa
- Bangladesh Asst High Commission in Tripura celebrates I-Day