IPL is the biggest sporting extravaganza in the country and it was proved yet again when the mega auction began today. It was a day full of surprises and a lot of drama.
With two new teams in the mix, various permutations and combinations came into action as all teams had the task of forming almost a new squad.
As expected, teams went all out to acquire the services of the Indian young players, especially the all-rounders. Many young players like Deepak Chahar, Shardul Thakur, Shreyas Iyer and Ishan Kishan crossed the ’10 crore’ salary mark.
Assam’s very own Riyan Parag too landed a super deal of Rs 3.8 crore. Millions of Indians closely followed the actions and were quick to put their analysis on social media.
Here are some of the tweets:
- Assam: Endangered hogs return home at Manas National Park
- Nagaland: Memorial Football tourney of Kargil martyr from Nov 1-9
- PM’s call for mass drive on Sunday an insult: Manipur TNL
- Assam: Train equipped with state-of-art features flagged off
- No hope of Left’s revival in Tripura, says leader of Oppn Animesh Debbarma
- How a neurosurgeon is training the next gen of Wushu athletes of Manipur