Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio is set to campaign for candidates of Naga People’s Front (NPF) party for the upcoming Manipur Assembly polls.
Government spokesperson and Minister Neiba Kronu informed that the chief minister will be heading to Manipur for the campaign.
For the Manipur polls, the NPF has given tickets to 10 candidates. The candidates include four sitting Members of Manipur Legislative Assembly – Leishiyo Keishing for 43 Phungyar AC (ST), Khashim Vashum for 45 Chingai AC (ST), Losü Dikho for 48 Mao AC(ST), and Awangbow Newmai for 52 Tamei AC(ST).
The other candidates are Langhu Paulhring Anal for 41 Chandel AC (ST), Dangsawa Korungthang Maring for 42 Tengnoupal AC (ST), Ram Muivah for 44 Ukhrul AC (ST), Khoho Süle Antony for 47 Karong AC (ST), Francis Ngajokpa for 49 Tadubi AC(ST), Khangthuanang Panmei for 53 Tamenglong AC (ST).
This development was confirmed after a joint parliamentary meeting of the United Democratic Alliance (UDA) government on Tuesday at the state banquet hall in Kohima.
- Northeast industrial body hails Budget 2023 as ‘growth-oriented’
- Assam: G-20 delegates visit Kaziranga ahead of first series of events
- SDF demands CM’s resignation, blames Sikkim govt for ‘immigrant row’
- Meghalaya 2023: AICC takes on CM over ‘no development’ remark
- Now, Sikkim CM blames Chamling for taking old settlers’ issue to SC
- Tripura 2023: 400 companies of central forces to be deployed for polls