Agartala: Tripura reported zero daily COVID-19 fatality on Sunday after a month, while 13 fresh cases pushed the northeastern state’s tally to 1,00,650, a senior health official said.
The state has registered 913 COVID-19 deaths so far.
“Today, there has been no COVID-19 death after a month, which shows that the third wave of the pandemic continues to weaken in Tripura,” State Surveillance Officer Dr Deep Debbarma said.
The positivity rate marginally dipped to 1.29 per cent from 1.55 per cent on the previous day as 1,006 samples were tested for COVID-19.
Tripura now has 887 active cases, while 98,782 people have recovered from the disease so far, including 310 in the last 24 hours, while 68 patients have migrated to other states.
“The overall COVID-19 situation is improving. The number of fresh cases dipped to 13 from 52 on Saturday and 62 on Friday. This shows that the state is gradually coming out of the grip of the coronavirus,” he added.
- Arunachal: Granddaughter of Mahatma Gandhi visits Ziro
- Taylor Swift and the end of the Hollywood writers strike: A tale of two media narratives
- Former Congress MLA KT Rokhaw resigns, joins MNF ahead of elections
- Manipuri-English film promoting gender-neutral fashion to be screened in Mumbai
- Manipur: Delhi court prolongs NIA custody of accused for eight days
- Meghalaya: 2 boys from Garo Hills set to join Hyderabad FC Under-17 team