Rangia (Assam): An eight-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her uncle for several days after he brought her to Guwahati from his parents’ place in Kamrup district, a police officer said on Saturday.
The girl’s parents stay in a place under Sualkuchi police station area.
The incident took place last month during the Bihu festival in mid-January when her uncle took her to Guwahati and allegedly raped her for several days, police said.
When she returned home, the girl narrated everything to her mother who, along with her father, lodged a complaint with the police.
Police have registered an FIR and started an investigation. The accused is absconding, the officer said.
Also read: Meghalaya logs 123 new COVID-19 cases, 4 more fatalities
- Bengal panchayat polls to be held on July 8
- 2 Bangladesh border guards trespass into Meghalaya, threaten locals
- Manipur situation ‘peaceful’, centre okays Rs 101-cr package for displaced people
- One crore saplings to be planted on Gandhi Jayanti: Assam CM
- Arunachal Christian Forum expresses concern over Manipur violence
- Manipur ‘to seize all unlawful arms, weapons’ in hills and valley areas