Dhubri: Security forces on Friday seized Fake Indian Currency Notes (FICN) with a face value of Rs 3.03 lakh and arrested two people in Assam’s Dhubri district, a BSF officer said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of Border Security Force (BSF) and Assam Police raided Bhogdore village near the India-Bangladesh border and nabbed the duo, aged 22 and 25, and seized the FICN, he said.
The police took the accused into their custody for further action, he added.
- Universal Basic Income does not cause inflation
- Antarctic ice age survival story: life seeking ice-free refuges imitates art in Ice Age, the movie
- Covid cases: Govt planning nationwide drill to take stock of hospital preparedness
- Meghalaya: Citizens, forest officials nab illegal timber
- India will become ‘Vishwaguru’ in knowledge: Assam Governor
- Congress protests in Guwahati over action against Rahul