Guwahati: The budget session of the Assam Legislative Assembly will begin from March 14, according to a notification.
When contacted, a senior official of the assembly secretariat told PTI that the Business Advisory Committee (BAC) of the House is likely to meet in the third week of February to finalise the tenure of the session.
The Assam Cabinet on January 27 had recommended holding the session from March 14 to present the state budget for 2022-23 fiscal.
The budget will be presented by Finance Minister Ajanta Neog.
Tripura to soon have national law university: Official
- Resilient gorillas reveal clues about overcoming childhood misfortune
- Dalai Lama congratulates Turkiye President Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- Assam: Massive fire breaks out at Numaligarh refinery
- Meghalaya: Panel propose all-party stand on Roster system
- Guwahati: Panel to probe accident that killed 7 engineering students
- Tribal bodies demand President’s Rule in violence-hit Manipur