Residents across Guwahati and the rest of the Northeast woke up to an unusually cold day coupled with intermittent rain and according to the weather department, the weather is likely to continue like this in the coming days.
Assam and other parts of the Northeast are likely to witness light spells of rain and Guwahati in particular will see lower-than-usual temperatures in the coming days.
Explaining the reason behind the weather, the Met department said, “An east-west trough runs from the above cyclonic circulation to southwest Bihar and ex means sea level. A north-south trough runs from southwest Bihar to north Telangana and Vidarbha and extends upto 1.5 km above mean sea level. The cyclonic circulation neighbourhood at 0.9 km above means sea level has become less marked.”
The Met department expects more rain in parts of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura.
“Fall in day temperatures by (4-5)°C and below normal by (5-6)°C over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura. Rise in night temperatures by (3-4)°C and fall thereafter over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura,” the department added.
The department also said thunderstorm with lightning accompanied with hails is very likely to occur at isolated places over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam and Meghalaya and in the next few days, dense fog is very likely to occur at isolated places Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura.
- Centre issues guidelines for MSOs to run platform services
- SC to consider listing Bilkis Bano’s plea against remission, release of 2002 rape, murder convicts
- Festivals like Manipur’s Sangai enrich country’s cultural heritage: PM
- Assam: Himanta distributes scooters to meritorious students
- Congress prez Kharge hits out at Modi govt for stopping scholarships for minority students
- Mukroh Firing: Meghalaya BJP prez meets Assam officer attacked in Shillong