Ukhrul: PS Zamthingla, believed to be the oldest living person in Manipur’s Ukhrul district, died on Friday morning at age of 107, according to a family member.
“She passed away peacefully at her daughter’s residence at Hungpung village,” said her great-granddaughter Jenny Thingshung. According to her family member, her longevity was due to a healthy and good diet.
Zamthingla was the only daughter of Tuirumla and Mikheng Thingshung.
According to her family, she is survived by 19 grandchildren and 39 great-grandchildren.
The photo was taken in 2016 when she was around 101-years-old.
- Meghalaya: FIRs against two FB users over ‘objectionable’ posts
- Meghalaya: CM transfers Rs 30 cr to 60k farm households under FOCUS+
- Shillong-based media org launches comics at Comic Con Bengaluru
- Meghalaya: CM Sangma increases honorarium for Anganwadi workers
- Mizoram govt to set up an agricultural product marketing committee
- Assam: A nail-biting finish to Servo Brainjam Quiz Fest 2022