Lucknow: The men’s singles final of the Syed Modi India International badminton tournament here on Sunday was declared as a ‘No Match’ after one of the finalists tested positive for COVID-19.
The all-French clash was scheduled between Arnaud Merkle and Lucas Claerbout.
“The men’s singles final of the Syed Modi India International 2022 has been declared a ‘No Match’. BWF can confirm one of the finalists tested positive for COVID-19 this morning,” the Badminton World Federation said in a statement.
“The other finalist is deemed a close contact and has also been withdrawn. Details on winner status, world ranking points and prize money will be revealed in due course. Today’s other four finals will go ahead as scheduled,” the BWF added.
Top seed P V Sindhu will play in the women’s singles final against fellow Indian Malvika Bansod later in the day.
- When was talking invented? A language scientist explains the evolution
- Thousands more species at risk of extinction than recorded: study
- Why pseudo-secular ‘tukde-tukde gang ‘ wants to destroy judiciary, questions Rijiju
- Manipur: Tributes paid to martyrs on Patriots’ Day
- Thirty years on, why ‘The Satanic Verses’ remains so controversial
- Sikkim: I-day football ends in brawl between Tibetan special army, IRBn