An earthquake measuring 5.6 on the Richter scale hit the Northeast with epicenter 58 km southeast of Champhai district of Mizoram at 3:42 PM on Friday. The depth of the earthquake was 60 km, according to the National Centre for Seismology.
No major damage was reported at the time of filing this report.
- PM Modi meets UP ministers in Lucknow, stresses on good governance
- Rajnath Singh launches 2 indigenously built warships ‘Surat’ and ‘Udaygiri’
- Trained sniffer dogs may detect Covid infected airport passengers: Study
- WPI inflation at record high in April on price rise across all items
- Manipur: Even floods can’t stop these kids from coming to school in Noney
- Govt OKs exporting wheat registered with customs prior to ban