Aizawl: Mizoram Health Minister Dr. R. Lalthangliana said that a meaningful and proper preparation is crucial to tackle the potential spread of new variant of Covid-19 ‘Omicron.’
The health minister on Saturday paid a visit to the lone Lengpui airport in Aizawl and inspected various screening points at the airport. Dr Lalthangliana said that the omicron variant is currently spreading in different parts of the world, including India, compelling the affected countries to revise their COVID-19 guidelines and impose stricter containment measures.
He said the Mizoram government has also devised guidelines to screen and receive returnees based on the advice of medical experts.
The state health minister said that returnees from Indian states and aboard need proper screening at Lengpui airport, as it is the main entry point to the state.
Measures have been taken to facilitate seamless testing of samples for the new arrivals and a special booth has been set up for old age people and those who are wheel-chaired bound at the airport. Besides, an isolation tent for positive patients has also been set up at the airport.
- Oppn parties seek Parliament debate, JPC on Adani stock rout
- Is terrorism returning to Pakistan?
- Developing countries need lots of money to fight climate change: Nigeria
- UK defends BBC independence, says investing ‘heavily’ in relationship with India
- Nagaland 2023: HC quashes village resolution on consensus candidate
- Arunachal: Late MLA Tashi’s wife files nomination for Lumla bypoll