It’s Stephen Hawking’s birthday today and Google Doodles is celebrating one of history’s most influential minds with a video. The English cosmologist, author and theoretical physicist’s theories on the origins and mechanics have given us a better understanding of our universe as we know it today.
Sharing a quote by Hawking, Google Doodles tweeted, “My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.” Today’s video #GoogleDoodle honors one of history’s most influential minds—English theoretical physicist, Stephen Hawking.”
“Have you ever wondered what happens inside a black hole? #StephenHawking explored the answers to such big questions so humankind could better understand the universe,” added Google Doodles in another tweet.
Born in 1942 on January 8, Hawking was fascinated by the workings of the Universe that earned him the nickname “Einstein.” The genius was diagnosed with a neurodegenerative disease at the age of 21.
After his groundbreaking work on black holes in 1979, Cambridge had appointed him as the Lucasian Professor of mathematics, a position which was previously held by Isaac Newton in 1669.
Google is celebrating the scientist’s birthday with a Doodle as a tribute to his legacy. “Today’s #GoogleDoodle celebrates the 80th birthday of #StephenHawking, whose revolutionary theory, coined Hawking radiation, changed the way we look at the universe,” wrote Google India on Twitter.
- Money and power vs the challenge of a ‘clean’ election in Nagaland
- Congress Tripura manifesto promises old pension scheme, free 150 units of electricity
- For volleyball nationals, Tripura sent a 6-member men’s team. Why?
- Assam: Crackdown on child marriage continues, total arrests 2,441
- Hillary Clinton to meet salt pan workers on 2nd day of Gujarat visit
- Shah assures delegation from Sikkim of intervention amid protests over SC observation