Guwahati: Assam reported 591 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday. Out of the 591 cases, Kamrup Metropolitan alone reported 279 cases.
As per the health department, 591 cases were detected out of 34,314 tests. The positivity rate stands at 1.72 per cent.
The first two Omicron cases were detected in Assam on Wednesday, health minister Keshab Mahanta had said.
The first Omicron case in Assam was detected in Kamrup Metro’s Sonapur with a 13-year-old boy being detected with the virus.
The second case of the Omicron variant of the COVID-19 was detected in Assam’s Hojai.
- Manipur: Security forces launch joint combing operation
- Guwahati-based startup TechVariable to take part in Dubai World AI show
- Why is PM still silent on Manipur, asks Cong
- CBI raids multiple locations in Bengal linked with job scam in civic bodies
- Footballer Ngangom Bala echoes calls for peace in Manipur
- Now, you can plant trees in Nagaland from the comfort of your homes. Here’s how