An incident of firing has been reported in the Cachar district of Assam along the Manipur border around 11 am on Tuesday. One person was reported injured in the firing who has been admitted to the Silchar Medical College and Hospital (SMCH) in Silchar.
According to reports, the firing took place Namdeilong punji near Chamtilla bordering Manipur-Assam, under the Jirighat police station.
“As per the current assessment, there were around 10 NSCN (IM) boys who had come into the bordering village right at the border of Assam and Manipur border and they had some demands to which the villagers resisted and consequently they fired upon them, when one person got injured,” Ramandeep Kaur, Cachar SP, told EastMojo.
On being asked about the condition of the person injured, the Cachar SP said, “He is stable, he has got the first aid and is now being shifted to Silchar Medical College and Hospital for operation. He has two bullet injuries but he is stable.”
The police have reached the spot along with Cachar Superintendent of Police (SP) Ramandeep Kaur to investigate the incident further.
- Bharat Gaurav Deluxe AC Tourist train reaches Guwahati
- Beethoven’s genome map gives clues on his health, death, family
- VCs meet at USTM: Varsities must have global outlook, says Ramnath Kovind
- ‘YOU’ Season 4, Part 2: Crazy, unpredictable & polarising
- In Assam’s Dhemaji, infra growth, erratic rains shift farming practices
- Antisemitism on Twitter has more than doubled since Elon Musk took over