Shillong: The Meghalaya Congress may have been reduced to just five members, but one of the remaining ones, Mayralborn Syiem, is pretty sure he is going nowhere.
A member of the party since 1998 when he joined its youth wing, Syiem said that he isn’t going anywhere. Syiem said, “I am what I am today is due to the Indian National Congress (INC) party and the party’s ideology. It is also due to the service that the party has given not only to our state but the nation. That is why I felt I should stick to this party that has served the people of the state and country,” said Syiem.
Asked if he was approached by the TMC or any other parties, Syiem said all political parties approached him. They had every right to do so, he added.
However, the Nongpoh MLA decided to continue working with the party. “I will be with Congress and won’t go anywhere. Leaders come and go, but the party remains, and so does the ideology. There will be ups and downs. It has been there in the past too, and then bounced back, so one shouldn’t be surprised with the rise or downfall of any political parties in India,” mentioned Syiem.
- Want to improve my senior ranking, qualify for Olympics: Tasnim Mir
- Cold day conditions likely in parts of national capital
- New Songs Sunday: Check out these songs by Katy Perry, Alesso and Sean Paul!
- GAIL director arrested by CBI in bribery case
- West Bengal govt assesses crop damage due to unseasonal rain
- Arunachal reports 266 new COVID-19 cases, positivity rate 23%