World AIDS Day is celebrated every year on December 1 to raise awareness about the HIV infection that takes millions of lives each year. This year’s theme will be “End inequalities. End AIDS”, with a special focus on ‘reaching people left behind‘, says WHO.
Here are some messages and images you can share to generate awareness about the epidemic.
In an urgent call to action ahead of December 1 focused on ending the disease as a public health threat by 2030, WHO’s UNAIDS said that if transformative measures are not taken, the world will stay trapped in the COVID-19 crisis and remain dangerously unprepared for all future pandemics.
Also read: World First Aid Day 2021: Significance, theme & quotes on importance of first aid
- India exported military hardware worth Rs 15,920 crore in 2022-23: Rajnath
- Many products are advertised as ‘paraben-free’: What is paraben?
- Abrupt floods and drought-like situations in Assam disrupt farming practices
- Assam: Bodofa Upendra Nath Brahma’s birth anniversary observed in Boko
- BJP conspiring against Rahul Gandhi to not let him contest 2024 LS polls: Mizoram Cong
- Assam: Oppn MLA moves bill for land rights in Brahmaputra’s char-chaporis