Aizawl: Go First airways, formerly known as Go Air, has resumed flight operations on the Delhi-Kolkata-Guwahati Aizawl sector after a halt of over a year due to the coronavirus pandemic, an official said on Friday.
State principal consultant for civil aviation Wing Commander J. Lalhmingliana said that Go First flight was flagged off from Lengpui Airport in Aizawl on Thursday to mark the resumption of operation,
The airline operates on the Delhi-Kolkata-Guwahati Aizawl route, he said.
According to Lalhmingliana, Go First Airways halted its operation in Mizoram on March 25 last year due to COVID-19 pandemic.
He said that at least four airlines- Air India, IndiGo, Alliance Air and Go First are currently operating in the state.
Mumbai-based Alliance Air had launched its operation on the Kolkata- Guwahati –Aizawl- Shillong route on August 7.
- India-US military drills near LAC violate the spirit of Sino-India agreements: China
- India has emerged as a net security provider in Indo-Pacific: Rajnath Singh
- Meghalaya delegations meets Assam CM over setting up of BOPs
- Centre issues guidelines for MSOs to run platform services
- SC to consider listing Bilkis Bano’s plea against remission, release of 2002 rape, murder convicts
- Festivals like Manipur’s Sangai enrich country’s cultural heritage: PM