Aryan Khan, son of Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, walked out of the Arthur Road prison, after 22 days in the central Mumbai facility following his arrest during a drug raid on a cruise ship off the Mumbai coast. Aryan came out of the prison shortly after 11 am, a day after a special court issued his release memo.
On one hand, fans of Shah Rukh Khan thronged outside the actor’s bungalow in Mumbai, celebrating with music, dance and firecrackers. One fan even said, “Today we are standing outside Mannat and we finally feel like jannat (heaven). It was a tough time. But Shah Rukh and the family have sailed through it.”
Twitter, of course, has a different take on the whole episode, and netizens of a certain political persuasion took to the microblogging site to express how they felt. In no time, #Welcomehomenashedi became the top trend on Twitter.
Here are some of the tweets.
- Tripura: IPFT’s silence destroyed its political prospects, says TIPRA chief
- Meghalaya: One dead, another critically injured in coal-mining incident
- West Bengal reports 436 new COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths
- Japanese Encephalitis claims 2 more lives in Assam, death toll at 77
- Tripura: BSF trooper injured in gun fight along Bangladesh border
- India and Philippines decide to expand ties in fintech, education, defence