Aizawl: Mizoram reported 790 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, taking the tally to 1.18 lakh, an official said.
Among the new patients were 160 children, he said.
The death toll rose to 414 as two more people succumbed to the infection during the last 24 hours, he said.
The single-day positive rate was 9.43 per cent as the new cases were detected after testing 8,380 samples.
There are 8,093 active cases in the state at present.
Since Monday, 775 people recovered, taking the total recoveries to 1.09 lakh.
The recovery rate is 92.80 per cent and the fatality rate is 0.35 per cent.
According to Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP), more than 12.78 lakh samples have been tested for COVID-19 so far.
Mizoram has a population of around 11 lakh, as per the 2011 census.
The government has administered 12 lakh doses of COVID vaccines in the state till Monday.
- Experts say new Covid variant stokes concern but vaccines still important
- More omicron cases pop up as world rushes to learn more
- New tourism policy to cater to post-COVID visitors: Ministry
- Can AI help in stopping the spread of fake news? May be not
- WHO eyes pandemic preparation as new variant emerges
- ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ gets India release date ahead of US