Kolkata: West Bengal’s COVID-19 tally rose to 15,79,012 on Thursday as 530 more people tested positive for the infection, while 10 fresh fatalities pushed the state’s coronavirus death toll to 18,945, a health bulletin said.
Kolkata registered the highest number of new cases at 102, down from 203 on the previous day. The metropolis, North and South 24 Parganas and Howrah districts recorded two deaths each, and Nadia and Paschim Bardhaman one each.
West Bengal now has 7,576 active Covid-19 cases, while 15,52,491 people have been cured of the disease, including 601 in the last 24 hours, it said. The recovery rate stood at 98.32 per cent.
West Bengal has thus far tested over 1.86 crore samples for COVID-19, including 18,118 in the last 24 hours, the bulletin said, adding that the positivity rate stood at 2.93 per cent.
- Prince Charles warns of narrow window to face climate change
- PM Modi meets Indian COVID vaccine manufacturers; CEOs say his leadership key force in vaccination drive
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray, mother test positive for COVID-19
- China attempting to reduce India’s influence in Mynmar, SEA: CDS General Rawat
- Arunachal searching for unsung heroes of India’s freedom struggle
- Mizoram: 808 grams of Heroin seized, one arrested