Kolkata: West Bengal’s COVID-19 tally rose to 15,79,012 on Thursday as 530 more people tested positive for the infection, while 10 fresh fatalities pushed the state’s coronavirus death toll to 18,945, a health bulletin said.
Kolkata registered the highest number of new cases at 102, down from 203 on the previous day. The metropolis, North and South 24 Parganas and Howrah districts recorded two deaths each, and Nadia and Paschim Bardhaman one each.
West Bengal now has 7,576 active Covid-19 cases, while 15,52,491 people have been cured of the disease, including 601 in the last 24 hours, it said. The recovery rate stood at 98.32 per cent.
West Bengal has thus far tested over 1.86 crore samples for COVID-19, including 18,118 in the last 24 hours, the bulletin said, adding that the positivity rate stood at 2.93 per cent.
Also read: Baichung Bhutia launches Nagaland Premium Gold tea under Northeast Brews brand
- Assam: Public land protection cells to redress encroachment issues
- Odisha train crash: 40 passengers may have died of electrocution
- Concerted effort needed for peace in Manipur: Prof Meijinlung Kamson
- Conrad, Himanta showing interest in solving state-border dispute: BJP
- Five arrested in Arunachal-Assam border shooting that killed 2
- Depression over Arabian Sea likely to intensify into cyclonic storm: IMD