Kohima: Nagaland Chief Secretary J Alam on Tuesday warned that the circulation of cabinet memoranda on social media platforms was a serious violation and an offence under the Official Secrets Act.
The chief secretary regretted that cabinet memoranda, cabinet agenda and the minutes are sometimes circulated on social media.
He warned that the cabinet memoranda, the agenda for the cabinet meeting and the minutes of the cabinet meeting are secret documents and must not be handled by unauthorized persons and non-officials.
The agenda and the cabinet minutes are circulated by the Cabinet Cell under sealed cover through the office of the cabinet ministers and the Advisors concerned.
Warning that such circulation is a serious violation and is an offence under the Official Secrets Act, he requested all cabinet ministers, advisers and heads of administrative departments (hoDs) to issue instructions to their subordinates and officials attached to them.
He said the staff must be directed that cabinet memoranda, cabinet agenda and cabinet minutes should not be circulated through any social media, except through official e-mail in case of urgency, and not to issue it to any unauthorized persons or non-officials.
- What happens if you need to pee while you’re asleep?
- Drivers in Mizoram repair dilapidated roads
- Keeping your cool in a warming world: 8 steps to help manage eco-anxiety
- Assam: RGU celebrates International Peace Day
- Meghalaya: Drugs worth Rs 2 crore seized in Shillong
- Ziro Festival to host Israeli musicians in collaboration with Embassy of Israel