Aizawl: A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed on Tuesday between Mizoram Chief Electoral Officer and Department of Posts (DoP), Mizoram, for delivery of electoral photo identity cards (EPICs) and various notices through speed post services on mutually agreed-upon terms.
Standard Operating Procedures (SoP) agreed upon by the DoP in consultation with the Election Commission of India (ECI) will be implemented by both the Post Master General (PMG) and the Chief Electoral Officer for booking and delivery of the EPICs and notices through speed post.
As per the MoU, the PMG will provide facilities available under the speed post services for booking, transmission and door delivery of all speed post services containing EPICs and notices.
An exclusive barcode will be provided for booking the EPICS and notices through speed post at a flat rate of Rs 25 per article.
The MoU will be valid for five years with effect from October 12 this year and shall be extendable subject to the terms and conditions to be mutually agreed upon by both parties at the time of an extension.
The MoU was signed by state CEO P. Jawahar and Superintendent of Post K.T. Sailo on behalf of Post Master General of Mizoram in a function held at Mizoram New Capital Complex (MINECO) in Aizawl.
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers