Aizawl: Mizoram continues to register a spike in Covid-19 cases as 1,224 new COVID-19 cases were reported in the last 24 hours, 206 less than the previous day.
The state tally has reached 1,08,790 on Wednesday, a health department official said. The death toll rose to 367 as four more people have succumbed to the infection.
The single-day positivity rate dipped to 14 per cent from 15.18 per cent on the previous day as the fresh cases were detected from 8,721 sample tests, he said.
Aizawl district reported the highest number of fresh cases at 750, followed by Lunglei district (87) and Serchhip district (83), he said. At least 237 children were among the newly infected people, he said.
Only one patient has a travel history and the rest 1,223 were found to have contracted the virus locally, he said.
On average, Mizoram registered 1,163 COVID-19 cases daily over the past 13 days since October 1, according to a government bulletin. The average positivity rate was 16 per cent and 15,130 cases have so far been detected from 94,254 sample tests during the same period, it said.
So far 56 people have died due to COVID-19 since October first.
The number of Covid-19 active cases now stands at 14,484, while 93,939 people have recovered from the infection.
The recovery rate among Covid-19 patients is 86.34 per cent and the death rate is 0.33 per cent.
The state has conducted more than 11.91 lakh sample tests for COVID-19 till date.
Over 6.87 lakh people have been vaccinated till Tuesday, of which 4.80 lakh people have received full dose of Covid-19 vaccine, state immunisation officer Dr Lalzawmi said.
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 25
- HC fixes for final hearing pleas to approve same-sex marriages under law
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for October 25
- Film bodies condemn attack on Prakash Jha and his ‘Aashram’ crew
- Cruise drugs case: Actor Ananya Panday fails to appear before NCB
- PM Modi launches Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission