Aizawl: Mizoram reported 1,430 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, 1,123 higher than the previous day, with the tally increasing to 1,07,566, an official said. The death toll rose to 363 as five more people have succumbed to the infection, he said.
The single-day positivity rate was 15.18 per cent as the fresh cases were detected from 9,422 sample tests. At least 288 children were among the newly-infected people, he said.
Aizawl district reported the highest number of fresh cases at 761, followed by Lunglei district (149) and Siaha district (113), he said. Five patients have travel history and the rest 1,425 were found to have contracted the virus locally, he said.
The number of Covid-19 active cases now stands at 14,381, while 92,822 people have recovered from the infection. The recovery rate among Covid-19 patients is 86.29 per cent and the death rate is 0.33 per cent.
The state has conducted more than 11.82 lakh sample tests for Covid-19 till date.
Over 6.87 lakh people have been vaccinated till Monday, of which 4.75 lakh people have received full dose of Covid-19 vaccine, the health department said.
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers