Shillong: Meghalaya’s Hill State People’s Democratic Party (HSPDP) Tuesday said they have decided to extend their support to UDP Mawphlang constituency candidate Eugeneson Lyngdoh.
HSPDP president KP Pangiang made this announcement following a party’s CEC meeting of the party.
Besides supporting the UDP candidate, Pangiang said a decision was also taken to call a meeting of the Regional Democratic Alliance (RDA) to formulate and take important steps to move to election campaign mode.
The party also decided to facilitate the party volunteers of Hill State Leaders and Hill State Movement. “This year Meghalaya will celebrate its 50th statehood. We can’t ignore the contribution of those leaders who fought to attain statehood,” the party president said.
The leaders and volunteers will be facilitated on November 10.
“Since HSPDP has close ties with Garo National Council (GNC), now known as Garo Hills State Movement Committee, the party has decided that they will continue this movement by calling a joint meeting to further discuss the issue,” Pangiang said.
- Indian who lived at Chicago airport undetected for 3 months acquitted
- Nagaland: 33% women reservation in Urban Local Bodies elections likely
- Soccer: Barcelona boots out coach Ronald Koeman
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 28
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 28
- India test-fires Agni-V missile, flexes muscle in front of China