Gangtok: Justice Biswanath Somadder on Tuesday was sworn in as the Chief Justice of High Court of Sikkim in a function held at Ashirwad Hall, Raj Bhawan.
Governor Ganga Prasad administered the oath of office to the Chief Justice Designate.
The function saw the presence of Chief Minister Prem Singh Golay, High Court of Sikkim Judge Justice Meenakshi M. Rai, Justice Bhaskar Raj Pradhan, Sikkim Legislative Assembly Speaker L. B. Das, Cabinet ministers, MLAs, heads of departments, guests from the judiciary, and other officials.
Justice Somadder served as the Chief Justice of the High Court of Meghalaya before his transfer to the High Court of Sikkim.
Earlier, Chief Secretary S. C. Gupta read out the notification and the warrant of appointment of Justice Somadder. After the swearing in, the Chief Justice was congratulated by the Governor, the Chief Minister and host of other invitees.
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers