Gangtok: Sikkim BJP President DB Chauhan has tendered his resignation as advisor to Sikkim Forest and Wildlife Department. The resignation comes after merely a year of his appointment as advisor on September 1, 2020.
In his letter addressed to the Chief Secretary of Sikkim on October 11, Chauhan gave no specific reason while expressed his gratitude to Chief Minister Prem Singh Golay and BJP National President JP Nadda “for providing me this opportunity to serve as Advisor in Sikkim government”.
BJP spokesperson Raju Giri also refused to comment on the issue, claiming, “The resignation was done after consultation with party high command”.
There was no specific reason for resignation admitted by the BJP spokesperson, despite repeated questioning by EastMojo on the reason for resignation.
Also read: WATCH: Arunachal boy who believes he can fly
- Myanmar skips ASEAN summit after its military ruler shut out
- Lack of skills biggest barrier in digital learning: OUP study
- Russia’s coronavirus deaths mark another high
- Rajasthan teacher sacked over ‘we won’ post following India’s loss to Pakistan
- Dabur withdraws gender-inclusive ‘Karwa Chauth’ Ad after controversy
- Assam: 20-year old nabbed after ‘girlfriend’s’ nudes go viral