Diphu: One person has been arrested and heroin weighing around 339.2 gm worth Rs 2.5 crore seized from his possession in Khatkhati area of Assam’s Karbi Anglong district, police said on Saturday.
On a tip-off, police searched a passenger bus coming from Manipur at Laharijan on Friday night and seized the heroin concealed in 27 soap boxes, an officer said.
The arrested person hails from the neighbouring state, he said.
Further investigation is underway.
- PM’s call for mass drive on Sunday an insult: Manipur TNL
- Assam: Train equipped with state-of-art features flagged off
- No hope of Left’s revival in Tripura, says leader of Oppn Animesh Debbarma
- How a neurosurgeon is training the next gen of Wushu athletes of Manipur
- Meghalaya: Harijan Colony issue could be solved this year, says deputy CM
- Tripura: National Highway blocked, railway affected during TIPRA bandh