Diphu: One person has been arrested and heroin weighing around 339.2 gm worth Rs 2.5 crore seized from his possession in Khatkhati area of Assam’s Karbi Anglong district, police said on Saturday.
On a tip-off, police searched a passenger bus coming from Manipur at Laharijan on Friday night and seized the heroin concealed in 27 soap boxes, an officer said.
The arrested person hails from the neighbouring state, he said.
Further investigation is underway.
- Soccer: Barcelona boots out coach Ronald Koeman
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 28
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 28
- India test-fires Agni-V missile, flexes muscle in front of China
- 57 new bank branches in Assam by March 2022: Union minister
- Bengal logs 976 fresh COVID-19 cases, 15 fatalities