Imphal: A day ahead of BJP national president JP Nadda’s visit to the poll-bound state of Manipur, another Congress leader and two-time Congress MLA of Moirang Assembly Constituency, M Prithiviraj Singh, joined the BJP on Friday evening.
M Prithviraj, the 2 time MLA of Moirang, quit the party and also dashed off his resignation from the post of MPCC general secretary yesterday.
His induction into the saffron party was attended by Manipur CM N Biren Singh, National BJP Spokesperson and BJP Manipur in-charge Sambit Patra, BJP Organisational General Secretary Abhay Kumar Giri and BJP Manipur Pradesh president A Sharda Devi and his former rival and sitting Moirang MLA P Saratchandra Singh.
Meanwhile, hectic preparations were underway at the BJP Manipur officer for the upcoming visit of the party national president.
He is scheduled to arrive at Imphal airport at 11:30 am Saturday. He will be heading directly to Nambol in Bishnupur District to address a public gathering at SAI Ground, Utlou.
During his 2-day visit to the state, Nadda will also inaugurate the newly-constructed BJP state office in Nityaipat Chuthek in Imphal and will meet prominent personalities from the state.
- Mysterious Xinjiang mummies leave archaeologists puzzled
- Book Review: ‘Song of the Soil’ readers will end up saying ‘Baaf Re!”
- 139 children among 547 new COVID-19 cases in Mizoram
- Taiwan defence minister says island must defend itself
- Nine killed as bus falls into gorge in J-K’s Doda district
- Nagaland Lottery October 28: Check Dear Padma Morning lottery result