Kohima: Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu on Thursday made it to the state of Nagaland in Dimapur for a one-day visit.
Naidu arrived from Tripura and was greeted by Nagaland Governor Jagdish Mukhi, Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio and Deputy Chief Minister Y Patton.
“The Vice President being welcomed by the Governor of Nagaland, Prof. Jagdish Mukhi, Chief Minister of Nagaland, Shri Neiphiu Rio and others on his arrival in Dimapur today,” the VP secretariat tweeted.
Nagaland CM Neiphiu Rio also said “On behalf of the people of Nagaland, I welcome Shri @MVenkaiahNaidu, the Honourable Vice President of India, to our state”.
“It was an absolute honour to welcome Hon’ble Vice President of India Shri @MVenkaiahNaidu Ji today to #Nagaland,” deputy CM Y Patton tweeted.
Naidu was initially scheduled for a three-day visit to the state. As his visit to the state capital has been cancelled, the traffic plans issued by the Kohima police was also called off. He is scheduled to depart for Itanagar in Arunachal Pradesh on Friday morning.
Following his arrival, Naidu visited the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) National Research Centre on Mithun at Medziphema in Dimapur.
The VP will be meeting with the Governor, CM, Dy CM and other legislators. He is also scheduled to virtually inaugurate three office buildings. He is also likely to have an interaction with students, teachers, and state awardees in the field of art, music and literature, later in the evening.
- How to effectively manage methane emissions from Indian landfills
- Should people who are forced to cross borders due to climate change be recognised as refugees?
- Megaherbivores could be a potential solution to manage invasive plants, finds study
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK