Itanagar: The Arunachal State Badminton Association (ASBA) on Wednesday felicitated five female shuttlers from the state who have been selected to compete in the forthcoming BWF World Senior Championships, 2021.
The shuttlers are Boni Yapu (39), Pema Ladon (46), Taw Yania (45), Yase Bagang (37) and Mepung Pangia (42).
The five shuttlers from Arunachal were selected for the World Senior Championships following a national-level competition held at Navelim, Goa, from September 19 to 26 last. Around 20,000 players from across the country had participated in the said event.
Congratulating the players for making it to the world championships, Olympic Association of Arunachal chairman and ASBA secretary general Bamang Tago assured all possible assistance to the shuttlers with regards to their training and preparation for the grand tournament.
ASBA secretary Penya Bagra also assured his support and extended his best wishes to the players.
According to the Badminton World Federation (BWF) website, the BWF World Senior Championship is a prestigious individual event which is held every two years.
The championship consist of men’s and women’s singles and doubles, and mixed doubles events. The age categories are +35, +40, +45, +50, +55, +60 +65, +70 and +75.
The next edition of the championships will be held in Huelva, Spain, from November 28 to December 4.
- Promise Day 2023: Messages and wishes to send your loved ones
- Assam: Guwahati’s air quality slips into ‘poor’ category
- Surrogate mother may not be genetically related to child born: Centre to SC
- World’s first environmental clean-up happened 400 million years ago
- JAC seeks clarity on ‘Sikkimese’ definition after SC’s revised order
- 10 Indians stuck in remote areas of quake-hit Turkey, but safe: MEA